Using G+ Communities and Facebook Groups to build rapport with new audiences.
In this video I cover:
* How to find large Google+ Communities
* How to know how many views an image posting is getting in a G+ Community
* How to find large Facebook Groups (starting about 10:20 into the video)
* How to make postings that add more value to the audience (that are digestible, delightful, useful)
* A point I made at the end of the video that is worth re-iterating here:
When you make a posting in a group or community, it’s good practice to comment positively on the postings of 2 other people. This keeps a great ratio that is scalable within the community — you will be modeling being a good member of the group!
What I wish I remembered to say in the video:
* Aim to post things in groups that are more “shareable” … that are likely to be re-shared. You can tell by looking at what kinds of postings others like & comment positively on in the group.
* It cannot be overstated the importance of using these techniques to make the group(s) you’re posting in better — of more true value and generosity — rather than contributing to the self-promotional nature (spam) of some groups. Always think: “if everyone in the group posted as I am about to, would it make the group more attractive to new members?” Then act in alignment with the answer 🙂